News‎ > ‎

History of Lee Church Congregational

posted Aug 23, 2015, 6:46 PM by Henry McTague   [ updated by Lee Church ]

Our Heritage ~~Non-denominational religious services were conducted regularly in Lee before 1850 in what is now the Grange Hall. In 1861 a small new chapel, on the site of our sanctuary, was built so as to have a house in the community entirely devoted to worshiping God. The Church was officially organized on December 3, 1867 with 14 members.  The Parsonage was built in 1874 and sold to the Town of Lee in 2018. The Lee Missionary Society, formed in 1906, has evolved into the Women’s Guild.  The Sunday School predated the building of the Chapel. 

The Church joined the United Church of Christ in 1961 and voted to be an Open and Affirming Congregation in 2019.

Comments